Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Thursday, October 3, 2013

Rainy Day Bookmark


     I finally finished stitching the Rainy Day Bookmark.  It took a few days longer then I had wanted, but I love how it came out.  The little girl is so cute and adorable I almost want to keep the bookmark for myself.

      I really like this pattern and was drawn to it right away.  I knew it would look great on a bookmark. Originally I was going to stitch the words Rainy Day at the top, but I just couldn't get them to come out right, so I designed the clouds and sun.  The little girl is a pattern out of the book Better Homes and Garden 2001 Cross Stitch Designs.  I cross stitched the pattern using DMC floss on a pre-made bookmark.  The french knots for the eyes were the hardest to stitch.  It took several tries to get both the eyes the same size.  I've been thinking of other ideas for the little rain coat girl, so you may see her again.  Anyway here are a few pics to share.


   

     My next project is a fall piece.  I'll post pics of the materials I'm using for it soon.  Thanks for visiting!

                                     Jennifer
                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment